Monday, September 29, 2014

Pues,

Rule #3 is about working with members.  Working with members in a very specific sense.  Rule #3 is "Beware of Kitchens."  In the MTC the zone doctor put the fear into us about the quality of cleanliness in our zone (DO NOT mention chicken entrails) but we don't really have that problem that I've seen in Puerto Rico.  However, when you eat with members, it's like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.  Actually, all of it has been really really good, like Sancocho and Arollas, (I haven't had the opportunity to try blood sausage yet and pray that day never comes).  The tricky part is it's also super easy to gain weight when the members feed you.  The question is if I want to get transferred to San German, where my district leader said one time he got 5 meals in one day (and gained 10 pounds).  We actually got a record 8 meals this week, which is a great way to avoid the missionary diet.

If you're super excited for General Conference, clap your hands!  I'm so excited.  Women's conference was beautiful.  I summed it up like this: "Be worthy to enter the temple by keeping the commandments."  It was funny because the translator had a Spanish accent.  I learned a lot of things that we need for our recent converts, and I'm looking forward to learning even more this weekend.

We've been making an effort to contact like a beast this week.  We have a lot of investigators, but all of them need baby steps before they're ready for baptism.  The thing about the mission is it's a lot of work for a few moments of joy, but I think life is sort of like that.  At least, the kind of life I want to live.

Everything is all good here in Adjuntas!  Watch conference!  Be grateful to have a prophet!  I know I am!

Love you all,
Sister Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment