Monday, August 4, 2014


Oh my!  I'm here in Adjuntas, and it is beautiful!  If the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico had a fight, Puerto Rico would probably win.
My companion is Hermana Gutierrez from Guatemala and I can understand her but not the Puerto Ricans, so it's hard to participate in lessons.  But I'm getting better!
I got my first baptismal date yesterday!  Ahahahaha
I am honestly so happy!  This is the best work in the world!
We had a tropical storm on Saturday, and our power and our water went out and it was so boooring because we couldn't do anything!  The power is still a little iffy which is why I don't have much time.  But everything is good now, it all came back on when we finished our fast on Sunday!
I love you guys!  I'm including a picture of a fan tree with my MTC companion for reference because I know you're all dying to know what it is.  I used to get a little homesick when we watched church videos because I could name all the mountains in the background, and now my companion has a picture of the Dominican Republic Temple on the wall so I can be homesick for that too.
Love you all!
Hermana Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment