Monday, July 13, 2015

Survivng the Puerto Rico San Juan Mission Rule #7 - always know where your agenda is.  If you have your agenda, everyone will think that you are a responsible missionary and will be happy to loan you various other things, including a hymnal, a Book of Mormon, any of the pamphlets, a Bible, a triple, a pen, a pencil, a toothbrush, clothing, food, water, hair supplies, soap, toilet paper (but not a towel).  I lost my agenda for one night this week and didn't feel like a real missionary.  It's almost as bad as losing your nametag.

I am in Isaiah in my Bible reading and am really enjoying the last days prophecies (plus in 3 Nephi 23 Christ literally tells us that studying Isaiah is a commandment).  One of my new favorite scriptures is Isaiah 41:10, which says, "Fear thou not; for am with thee: be not dismayed;foam thy God: will strengthen thee; yea, will help thee; yea, will uphold thee witthe right hand of myrighteousness.
Isaiah is sweet.

Contact of the week:
"Hi! Can we share a card with you!"
"Only if I can share something with you."
"...uh, what?"
"...a rosary."
"........okay!"
*leaves.  We hastily pull out a Book of Mormon and a Restoration pamphlet.*
"Here you go!  It's made in Jerusalem.  Out of olive wood."
"Thank you!  Here's a Book of Mormon, an ancient record of scripture about the ancestors of the American continent [I don't know how to say these things in English anymore]."
"I respect all religious beliefs... but do you really believe that!"
"Of course!"
In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Hermana Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment