Monday, December 1, 2014

Dearest relations,

First of all, y'all forget how little information seeps through in the mission, so instead of a general plea for letters (seriously though), I'll ask a specific question - anyone heard of mission calls for Sara Eatough or Kyme Lambson?  Actually anything in respect to mission calls/ engagements would be nice.

I feel sorry for all of you people out there in not-America because here in slightly-America we celebrate Thanksgiving with a vengeance.  Yucca instead of mashed potatoes, rice instead of yams, stew instead of gravy, but lots of turkey.  I brought the apple pie :)  We actually had two Thanksgiving dinners, one at a member's house, one at a less active part member family's house.  So much food, it was incredible.

This week was a party week.  It was Hermana Gutierrez's last week, which meant working our tail ends off as she tries to tie up all the loose ends in Adjuntas, and also literally all of Adjuntas wanted to give her food and presents (and as her companion I definitely benefit).  I guess when you baptized 15 people over the space of 9 months the branch gets kind of attached to you, which manifested itself yesterday when they threw her a surprise farewell party after church.  They really love her (me too, but it's not the same).

Transfers are this week, and I remain here!  4 transfers.  I guess I'm a stayer?  Not a bad thing.  My new companion is Hermana Cristobal who is latina and that is all I know about her.  We'll see!

Keep going, preach the word!
Hermana Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment