Monday, November 24, 2014

People,

It is a little weird being with a companion who is dying (going home).  It's like being reminded of your own mortality.  It doesn't help that she's basically the opposite of trunky, in that she is doing all she can to not go home (to the extent that the President explained to me the reasons that he can't extend her so I can reexplain it to her everytime she obsesses over it.  I've done this at least 10 times).

The weather continues to freak me out.  It's like everyone just decided to put their Christmas decorations up in July.  I don't do well without seasons.

Olga, who is basically the sweetest ever, is 100% ready for baptism but can't be baptized because her husband won't give her permission.  It is intensely frustrating.

We made a new companion inside joke this week when I sang Santos Avanzad (Press Forward, Saints) in the style of Grease Lightning.

This week we're having a mission tour by Elder Martinez of the second quorum of the seventy.  Super excited.  He spoke in conference (he's the one who mentioned Puerto Rico all the time.  Because he's from Puerto Rico.  Puerto Rico Puerto Rico).

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving!  Shoutout to my sister who becomes a legal adult this week.  You go Claire!  Don't die in the shopping spree on Friday!

Love you all,
Hermana Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment