Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Today we had a zone activity, it was fun.  We went "hiking," which was on one of the random rock outcroppings that dot the San Juan area.  It was pretty.

We had a hard morning on Thursday.  It started with a misunderstanding that interrupted our studies, and then we could not stay focused during weekly planning, and by the time we left the house, we could tell that we did not have the Spirit like we needed.  We prayed and all, but leaving was hard and contacting was hard, and we were concerned because we knew that we needed the Spirit for an important lesson with an investigator that night.  So I remembered in Preach My Gospel chapter 10 when it talks about creating a spiritual environment in lessons.  I said, "What do we do to get the Spirit?  We sing, we pray, we testify," and I started bearing my testimony to Hermana Stevens and the Spirit rushed back so hard we both started laughing and crying at the same time.  It was incredible the difference.  It was a testimony to me of the strength of a real testimony.

Lots of love,
Hermana Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment