Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I think I will see how many times I can use the word "miracle" in an update in the next two months.  We had one this week!  Elba and Saul got baptized!  Finding them en si was a miracle.  Elba thought that she was a less active but we couldn't find her records and then Hermana Stevens had the bright idea to ask, "Elba, were you ever confirmed?"  She said, "No - does that mean my baptism doesn't count?"  She was so stoked that she got to be baptized again.  They are both very hyperactive but when they were confirmed (30 years late in one case) they were both extremely calm.

We also made our zone goal for baptisms last month and we are well on our way this month.  Hermana Stevens and I got really excited after MLC on Wednesday and sent out an inspiring text to everyone, and we found out today in the zone meeting that because of the text, one of the elders thought, "oh, so I should be setting dates for October!" and now they have a family of 7 that is going to be baptized.  We set goals as an act of faith and look at what the Lord can do when we have a lot!

Love you!
Hermana Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment