My companion is the lovely Hermana Sanchez. She's going home in 5 weeks, but she's not trunky. She loves the mission and so do I.
I thought I would explain some cultural things about Puerto Rico. In a list!
- Every time someone enters your house, you must offer them something to drink.
- Every time you enter a room, you must shake hands or kiss cheeks with everyone.
- If you are a foreigner, you must eat the food that they offer you. They will be offended if you do not. For some reason this rule doesn't apply if you are Puerto Rican.
- Every time you see someone eating you must say, "Buen provecho."
- Women's styles: muumuus. All day every day. With plastic shoes.
- The States are "alla afuera." Roughly translated: "out there."
- Coffee is the cultural drink of the island.
Cultural things of the mission:
- Apostasy jokes