Wednesday, August 5, 2015

So this week was smoke week; because of the record dryness, fires just keep starting.  I've heard it's spontaneous combustion, but I'll keep listening.

Also, sorry if I owe you a letter - I am out of stamps.  Hopefully I'll get to the post office soon.

Yesterday we had the coolest testimony meeting I've ever been to.  We've been reading the Book of Mormon as a mission, and yesterday we all finished together.  And then the entire mission met up for the second time since I've been here and we had a two hour testimony meeting.  As well you might imagine, there was a significant line to go but Hermana Partridge and I went up and waited together.  All the missionaries were bearing their testimonies in about one minute, and the Spirit was so strong!  Plus I got to see all of my favorite mission people and hear about everyone's recent miracles and my old areas.

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know that it was translated by Joseph Smith and that he was the first prophet of our dispensation.  I know that this church is God's kingdom on earth and I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Hermana Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment