Monday, December 14, 2015

There is a story about an unbeliever who was a famous journalist who was about to die.  He published an article that said something like the following: "Death comes to all men, but somehow I believed that I would be the exception.  Now what?"  To this man and to all people, I testify that we go on to something better.

That doesn't mean that it's easy.  There's a lot you feel like you are leaving behind, and the unknown is always a challenge.  But it is always, always, always worth it.

My mission has been the hardest thing I've ever done.  Every day has brought a new and higher hurdle.  I never expected what would come, and I will never be the same.  I am not the same person that I was when I left, because that person wasn't me.  I now know what the gospel can be.  I know what happiness is.  I understand the gospel and the plan of salvation.  I have experienced the Atonement of Christ and felt to "sing the song of redeeming love."  I have come to know the Lord and come to realize that He knows me.

I do not want to leave my mission, but I know that now is my time to go on to something better.  I can't imagine it right now, but I know that it's there.

I know that this is the Lord's work.  I know that He is at the head.  I know that the Church has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that we have a prophet today.  I know that God has a plan for us and that if we obey Him we will receive all that He hath.  But I know most of all that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He lives.  I know that and I testify of it in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
Hermana Kirkland

No comments:

Post a Comment