Monday, August 10, 2015

"Es el Presidente!"
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"  *picks up the phone*  "Buenas noches, habla Hermana Kirkland."
"Haha, hi Hermana Kirkland, how are you?"
"...................I'm okay, how are you, President?"
"I'm just great.  Are you doing okay?"
"I'm fine."
"Great, okay, well Hermana Kirkland, the Lord has decided [at this point I have to sit down because my chikungunya-weakened knees started to give out] to call you as Sister Trainer Leader, and we have decided to assign you to be Hermana Sanchez's junior companion in Vega Baja."

Needless to say I didn't sleep last night.  For those of you who don't know what a STL is, it's basically a zone leader for sisters.  For those of you who don't know what a zone leader is, basically this means responsibility.  Hoo boy.  I read recently in a conference talk, "don't ask for tasks to match your abilities, but for abilities to match your tasks."  It's good motivation to get on your knees.

We met a fun person this week!  Her name is Tiara, and she's an agronomist, which I loved because our ward mission leader in San Sebastian is an agronomist as well.  We finally contacted her this week - she was one of the elder's investigators - and first we had to help her plant.  For a thank-you gift she gave us both a plant of our own!  I'm so excited.  It's faith in action!  And then we talked.  She's read through 2 Nephi 13 and she is really good at understanding it and applying it to her own life.  I'm a little sad that I don't get to keep going with her, but Hermana Paniagua will do a good job.

Well, I love you!  Have a wonderful week!
Hermana Kirkland

P.S. It did take me a whole day to remember that the word for "sequia" en ingles es "drought."  Oops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment